Sunday, July 09, 2006

Is this creepy?


Every morning I leave my apartment between 8am and 8:05 to drive across the city for my job. I pull out of the parking lot and slowly back into the alley. Once properly aligned, I begin the slow crawl through the alley in anticipation of what's become a regular part of my morning routine. You see, not only is 8am the time I choose to drive to work, it is also the time the funeral home next door chooses to do whatever it is they do with their assorted dead bodies. Every morning, I drive past and wave at the two men sitting in the back of the funeral home with their gurnees and body bags. Usually, there is very clearly a human corpse lying on a gurnee under a white sheet awaiting its particular fate next to these two men. I'm not really certain what or who they're waiting for, maybe they just like to take dead bodies out for a cigarette with them. I used to think this was kind of creepy. But then I felt kind of obligated to wave because I did pass them every morning and they clearly recognized me. So now every morning, before I get to work, I've already waved at a dead body or two.
Does this make me creepy?

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I love it. It does make you creepy... and wonderful.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this may not make you creepy. but what does make you creepy is your intense love for crime scene photos and an unnatural attachment to court tv. i'm just sayin.

court

 

Post a Comment

<< Home