Sunday, May 07, 2006

My life is lacking in great stories




I have completely run out of money. My monetary situation is such that I can't even afford cigarettes anymore.

I feel really bad about this, but not because I can't go out to the bar anymore. I feel bad that I have led such a privileged life where not being able to afford to get my nicotine fix constitutes a tragedy. Many of the kids I teach at the school where I have an internship live below the poverty line. There are children who do not have running water or electricity in their homes. There are kids whose parents cannot afford to feed them, and I am complaining about my inability to go out on the town.
Sometimes I really need a reality check.

6 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

when did i call you promiscuous? (turns out i don't know how to spell that word and definitely had to look it up. but it really is spelled just how it sounds, isnt it.)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

that is a great image. what is it from? i don't think we can be called poor if we have the internet because we have access to beautiful things 24 hours a day.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

speaking of lacking great stories... may 7th? i think we're about due.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

missy, it's been far too long. let's get a-updating already!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

no work stories? c'bbbooahhhhhhgggnnnnn.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

i officially declare your blog dead. my condolences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home