Sunday, April 16, 2006

If I ever go crazy, the first thing I will do is burn down Water Street


Brothers is a bar full of frat guys and their brain-dead lady friends. I absolutely despise Brothers. That being said, I went there on Thursday, against all my principles, because it was the birthday of a dear friend of mine. Following is my pathetic experience:

Upon attempting to enter the bar, we first waited in line for 15 minutes. Rarely ever in Milwaukee do we wait in lines, especially for something so lackluster. Naively we forgot about the dress code designed to do something - keep out the riff raff. Finally reaching the power-tripping bouncers, we were told that my friend Mark could not get in because he was wearing camouflage, khaki shorts. There is no camouflage allowed at Brothers. When asked why not, the doorman informed us that camouflage gives off that Unabomber look that does not reflect the clientele of such an upscale establishment. This was particularly ridiculous because there was a girl in the bar ten feet from us wearing a camouflage skirt that revealed everything short of her cooter. I was in the mood for an argument so I belligerently pointed this out to the bouncer who seriously asked me, "So, you're trying to tell me you want the dress code to apply to girls?????" Yes, yes I do. That sort of attitude only propagates the idea that girls should be let into the bar regardless of the rules simply because we have vaginas.

Later, this bouncer would ask me to provide my middle name, my zip code, my eye color as listed, demand that I replicate the signature on my driver's license, and “needed” to see two alternate forms of ID before letting me into the bar. A bar that I did not even want to be at.

Stupid bouncer-man: "Have a nice night then."
Me: "Yeah, fuck you too."


*I have to admit that not everyone on the street is an awful person but I will stand by the statement that MOST of them are.

5 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Who knows...the'Stupid'
bouncer may have saved your
foolish "high-nee" from an
"awful person" bending an
elbow at the bar, waiting
for his next victim! You
sound like a good potential target for a serial killer.

Or, do you fashion yourself
as "Streeet-Wise". Most victims do, ya know. reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

maybe the bouncer was this crazy snake hunters douche and needed to get his ass kicked by the self-empowered heels an elightened women. there's always next time.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

nice kyle ....... maybe you two should have a blog-off

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

SHIT. I spilled coffee on your blog this morning.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

kyle,
you are too much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home