Tuesday, December 26, 2006

One More "Baby-Girl ..." and I'm Going to Punch Someone in the Face!


Today I came to an interesting conclusion. Although most women want to lose weight so that they can be hit on more, I promised myself that I would lose weight so that I could get hit on less.

Yes, it's true, perhaps if I could rock my 5'8" height with a very skeletal 115 lbs, I might attract some men that could possibly annoy me at the bars. However, I would gladly trade that bimonthly occurrence for my current state of being hit on nearly everyday while on the job. I have not once seen my clients hit on a THIN white girl. So why me? Why can't attractive, successful men in my age group hit on me? Huh??

Yes, yes I do get paid to bake cookies and go shopping with my clients. I know you are busy with your excel spreadsheets and such, but I doubt you get told you, "don't look like no virgin," or that it'd be nice to "help you take off that bathing suit." Apparently being in a wheelchair will also give you an ideal eye level view of my "cute ass."

Alas, this is part of my job which I've come to develop a sense of humor about. I do not, however, have a sense of humor about being sexually harassed at my place of employment by old, creepy, married family members of clients via nasty telephone calls. I never in my life thought that people would actually call other people and use that sleazy SNL Ladies Man voice in a serious manner but, oh no, I was wrong. The minute I heard that low drawn out, "girrrrl" followed quickly, still in a super-sleazy voice, by, "I just wanted to say that I'm attracted to you." I knew that some 45-year-old men actually think that this is sexy. After continuing with, "Oh the things I ..." Creepyoldman was abruptly cut off by me telling him what for and hanging up.

A couple days later, he brought his wife into my workplace and wished everyone a blessed day at which point he was told he was no longer welcome anywhere near the building.

9 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

i'm glad you told him what for.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger courtney said...

I hope there was a lot of finger waving and poor grammar involved. I would expect no less from you.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Woo-Hoo, poor grammer and finger waving. That sounds like a good time to me.

I'm jealous, no one ever hits on me.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh no no no, don't be jealous. Be terrified. No attention at all is better than that kind of attention.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger courtney said...

i don't think that john can still say that no one ever hits on him...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

i got hit on for the first time a couple weeks ago while walking to work... it was so strange that i didn't really notice it was happening. in fact i think i gave him a polite smile before i realized. now i forget what he said, did i tell you jen? something involving "boy" and "mmmm".

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

C-Bone, I knew after I wrote that, that you would have something to say! :-)

Kyle, Wow a "hit on" ( what the hell would you call it? the actual noun, hmm..) involving boy and mmm... Way cool!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

indeed, we did go on a date.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

OK, I stay quiet until the silence hits the 2 week mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home