Sunday, October 22, 2006

Neurotic? Me Too.


Something about going to Node with Mike sans chain smoking really threw me off today.
I felt like I was missing out on an enjoyable activity essential to the very act of drinking an espresso-based beverage and eating a banana muffin, inevitably leading me to lack a sense of caffeinated fulfillment.
Upon arriving home where my skewed sense of nostalgia directed me to obsessively organize my bookshelf while irrationally pondering at which point in my life I had led myself astray from normalcy, from contentedness, I attempted to contact another similarly skewed enough to understand my current neurosis to no avail.
My irrationality led me to believe, whether true or false, that this inability to connect was the result of some assured and irreversible wrongdoing on my part.
I gave up on picking up last night's empty beer bottles and vacuuming the hundreds of fallen leaves tracked through the apartment and crushed into the carpets and instead, took a nap with Khaptka.

Welcome to my mind.

6 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I see you organized by author. I would have gone by colors.

But was not smoking at the coffee shop really the strangest thing that happened this weekend? How about the art fair in the beer hall/bowling alley? Or pictures of monumental pieces of meat? The fake elevator? Paul's Omega during daylight hours? The guy videotaping my hat?

I'd chalk it up to the screaming death metal in that South Milwaukee basement.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Not only author, but height.
I was disappointed that we didn't see any drummers nearly taken out by drunk lead singers falling over. $1.50 taps kind of made up for it though.
Weirdest part of this weekend?
Defining the concept of "cozy-drunk" over too many microbrews and SNL, and in doing so, becoming analogous to autistic children.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I managed to get an Arthur Nersesian AND amy sedaris book out of the library yesterday. And Alvin Greenberg's "How the Dead Live".

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger courtney said...

i still can't believe that i missed the guy that videotaped mike's hat. although he did fail to mention a key strange moment where he had to check out the ceiling in the women's bathroom. unless walking into a women's bathroom isn't all that strange to him....

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Hey Jen.

I WILL update my blog tonight. Also, Unless you have other plans, I will bring the fun liquors for Shots and Ladders. Mainly because I want to try some interesting ones I saw at the store ( I promise they won't have very high alchohol content so we don't have repeat of last time when I laid on the floor and you all went to the bar :-)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger courtney said...

we better start commenting thoughtfully on kyle's blog so as to ensure that we subsequently receive a trachtenburg family slide show players dvd. and 5 assorted cd's. and other assorted goodies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home