Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why My Boss is Cooler Than Yours


My boss is probably the greatest boss ever and I'll tell you why.

I work for Goodwill Industries of South East Wisconsin, Inc. Unfortunately I don't get to work in the snazzy brand new corporate offices which means occasionally we will have to drive the five miles to the corporate offices to drop things off or pick things up. There is a massive Goodwill store attached to the corporate office that apparently my boss cannot help but look through evertime he tries to run a simple errand.

I finally decided that my boss was the greatest boss ever when he returned from the corporate offices / Goodwill store with a gift for me. Something for my desk actually. He walks in the office and says,

"Jenny, I got you something at the Goodwill store. It was SO hideous that I just HAD to buy it for you. It's for your desk. It's a faux cucumber topiary!"

This thing is SO ugly.... and I LOVE it. It's completely up my alley as far as hideous trinkets I might put on my desk go.

I do not have a photo of this gem, but I do have a photo of a llama topiary which is almost as ridiculous. Enjoy!



Other reasons my boss is cool:
-We will occasionally waste an entire day talking nonsense in the office.
-He is trying to convince corporate to let both of us go to a conference in Madison (even though the exact same conference is held in Milwaukee as well) so that we can collect mileage, get out of an entire day of work and go to one of his favorite restaurants if we get bored with the presentations.

11 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Very nice! I'm jealous!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm afraid i'll need to see a picture of this faux cucumber topiary. the llamas just aren't doing it for me.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I too must demand a photo....Is this a fake topiary in the shape of a cucumber? Or a fake cucumber topiaried into some other shape? Can topiary be used as a verb? These are all questions that must be answered!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

You are beginning to rival my trinket obsession. I am quite excited.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

1) It is a fake cucumber made into a topiary in the shape of ...... maybe a candle flame or something with a point...
2) Topiaried is most likely not a real word however I feel it should be added to the American dialect. After all, America is all about topiaries.
3) Yes, everyone knows I love a good trinket. However, I will never have the same love for trinkets that Kyle has. I can only strive for such dreams.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

How do you know it's a cucumber and not, well, something else?

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

How do you know it's a cucumber and not, well, something else?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

It is a cucumber topiary ......it is definitely a cucumber, well, it's like three cucumbers ...... it's fucked up and ugly, i'll have to find a photo

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger courtney said...

i thought that in order to "get out of work" you actually have to work while you're there. perhaps this is just more of an extended field trip with food.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Holly said...

My audition is a week from Friday! Eeeeeeek

Classical music doesn't have to be pretentious...it just seems like it cause a lot of old rich people go to the concerts. But they all fall asleep and snore through it anyways.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger courtney said...

the real secret is that i made one for you. but shhh..... don't tell yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home