Monday, August 07, 2006

Why does everyone I walk past seem so damn annoying?


Because I picked the worst time to quit smoking, the time when I was aggravated enough to NEED a cigarette, I lasted two whole days before caving in. Desperate to get some nicotine, and with the perfect excuse of needing to go to Tim's to pick up my shit - a block from the perfect cigarette vendor, I decided to take a late night walk to Open Pantry.

Of course my aggravated walk could not be free from further stupidity however, which I guess is how I came across the two shady-cell-phone-men trying to pick up girls.

These men were clearly not students based on their age, lack of personal hygiene, and eau de perfume of alcohol and marijuana.* At first, I thought they were two strangers that just happened to be sitting on windowsills about 20 feet apart both talking on their cell phones. That all changed when a girl walking a considerable distance in front of me was approached by the first man who hung up his cell phone in order to hit on her. The second man then hung up his phone as well and became very interested in creepy man one's conversation. The girl was not having any of man one's "baby girl this and baby girl that" and promptly blew him off at which point creepy man one sat back down, took out his cell phone and dialed. Creepy man two's phone began to ring and was quickly answered. By this point I was walking past man number two who was saying something like, "that white girl just turned you down?!?" Creepy man number one started laughing and was yelling into his phone ..... Even though the other guy was right next to him.

I've seen a lot of stupid things, but talking to your fellow lady stalker via cell phone from 20 feet away to appear what? Single? Harmless? Why couldn't they just sit together and maybe approach a pair of ladies? Do they have free nights and weekends to warrant this ridiculousness?

Anyway, I'm really glad neither of these two tried to talk to me, as they were too busy complaining about the girl who had just walked past. Because I am fed up with the men in my life, I did make a plan to give my phone number out to the next man who asks with all of his teeth and a job. Maybe I can claim that I will only do that while I'm at the gas station (see previous post), absolving me from giving my number in any other geographic situation.



*I'll admit that I know a few people with hygiene problems that reek of marijuana and alcohol, but these men were at least 30 years old.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Well, as much as I want a beautiful biracial child, my gas station boyfriend plan will probably never come to fruition as most people think it's one of the more stupid ideas I've had in a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home