Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Movin' on up to the East Side .....eerrmm The Heights


Our apartment has had some pretty severe flaws since we moved in three months ago. For instance, there is a two square foot hole in my bedroom wall, there is a fuse broken off and stuck inside the fuse box, and there is duct tape covering holes in Courtney's room.
I have called the maintenance man about twenty times and every time he says he'll fix it tomorrow, piling up three months worth of tomorrows. I think he's a procrastinator because he's a drunk, but maybe he's just lazy.
Anyway, my boss told me that he has a house in Washington Heights (Milwaukee's ritziest neighborhood) with three bedrooms that he would rent to us for the same amount that we pay here. Hard wood floors, original leaded glass cabinets, a backyard, a driveway, etc.
I WANT that house.
But alas, upon calling the real estate company that owns my building, they actually got their act together and sent a competent (and handsome I might add) maintenance person over. He even took notes and measurements while I gave him a tour of the place. It seems like everything will be fixed in a timely manner.

So, is it bad that I'm hoping it isn't fixed so that we can move to the Heights and get a dog, have a backyard, a quaint home, free parking, and the piece of mind that comes with being 99% sure you won't be robbed at gunpoint when leaving home (some man was shot to death three blocks from my apartment last night while in his car)? I'm looking for a good reason that would allow us to get released from the lease and into decency.

Any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

You could try having an affair with the manager, and having it end badly.

Sorry to hear that you had a wonderful house with in your grasp, only to have it snatched away by competent owners!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home