Thursday, September 14, 2006

"It is Christmas in the Heart That Puts Christmas in the Air"


While I was at Wal-Mart buying fish for my job (yeah, I got paid to go pick out some sweet fish to put in the tank) I noticed that the Christmas decorations were already overtaking the seasonal region of the store.






All those creepy four foot dancing santas really got me thinking about the holidays approaching in the months ahead, most notably Festivus and Christmas.






I will admit that I am a cornball when it comes to Christmas. This is inevitably always disappointing to me because I get all cheery only to be let down by my own expectations of whatever idealistic notions I happen to be entertaining.




Really I don't know why I want to decorate the apartment with fake snow, it's just an urge.












That being said, last year my roommate Mike A. also happened to be a holiday junky, much to the disliking of poor Mikey P. Our apartment was finally complete with outdoor decorations indoors, a Festivus pole, the airing of grievances and most importantly, Feats of Strength (ie cupcake wrestling).





I hope that the holidays at A-Rock will be just as ridiculous as the holidays were at K-Rock. Please enjoy this blog photo album clearly showcasing both our decorating and party hosting skills. Ideas for Christmas villages and other made up holidays are welcome.

7 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, I don't know if the Reading of Grievances/Rush Limbaugh can really be topped. Given the low number of emergency exits in your new apartment, let's leave the low-wattage light bulbs in the lawn candles this year. Can we expect a dance party at the A-Rock Festivus Celebration?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Damn right we can. You better start coming up with grievances....

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

awww i miss you guys. there's nothing like arab in a toga.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger courtney said...

which is exactly the reason that we should make up a fake holiday to celebrate this coming weekend as all of us will be together.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Well... Ray Charles' birthday is this Saturday, September 23rd and is definitely worth celebrating. The Autumnal Equinox happens at 11:03PM CST on September 23rd. Sunday, September 24th is also National Neighbor Day (http://www.natgoodneighborday.org/) and World Heart Day (http://www.worldheartday.org/home/default.asp).

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

It looks like we have a lot to celebrate then!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Holly said...

"the most amazing cello performance in the history of the world"?!?!?? puh-leeze!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home