Thursday, April 06, 2006

There's a reason I listen to so much Bright Eyes


My highlight of the day came from an unlikely source.
Dr. Wanda Zemler-Cizewski, in stark contrast to my violence in America professor, accepted me for who I am, faults and all as a bright student with a problem being awake. She even offered to help me with future assignments, papers, etc. This woman is my new hero - she has a compassion for people like no other.

"Why don't you just go to class?" they'll all say.

As if it were so easy.


"I have cried so hard for hours and not known why, I never do
I've been knocked down flat by joy that makes my face pulse like a sugar high
I've been cornered by the screams of a body as it freed itself of its mind
I've been lost in a cold white space as an arrogant dream storms in from another life
I have felt the snaps of lines that bind us all to this world
I have felt such unreal pain and not known what to do, it isn't mine
I have stayed awake for weeks and slept for days... not one dream
under low grey skies
and a razored wind that tears at the walls"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home