Friday, March 17, 2006

Didn't you see my blinker?


This post is well overdue but I've been busy sleeping all day and critiquing whiskey all night.

Last Wednesday, Kyle and I were involved in a car accident while attempting to get to Atwater Beach at 1:30am. It was absolutely not our fault and Kyle was certainly not drunk driving. In fact, the young lady at fault (and drunk driving) was trying to make a left turn across three lanes of traffic, turning right into the side of our vehicle in the intersection at Water and Wells.

This woman did not apologize, but instead insisted that this accident was somehow our fault, beginning an ordeal that would involve four cop cars and two separate calls to 911.

#1 - "My blinker was on....Until I flicked it off" - said because it was our fault for not seeing that her blinker was on (or had she flicked it off?). It certainly was not her fault for failing to notice an ENTIRE car.
#2 - "I will punch you in the face!" - said to me after I started waving my finger, asking this girl to give ANY scenario in which this accident was not her fault. The other passengers in the vehicle asserted her right to punch me in the face at which point Kyle calmed the situation. Later, this young lady would tell the police that I threatened her and she passively and politely stepped to the side
#3 - "Aw, naw. That was there already" - said to the police about the impacted passenger side of our car immediately after said police found the missing pieces of the aforementioned car in the middle of the intersection. In response to this statement the cop wondered how someone driving so attentively as to notice damage to the car next to them, might, then forget that car existed seconds later until colliding with it.

there were others, too. But I am tired.

goodnight.