Monday, March 06, 2006

Field Research?


I have come to the realization that my "internet romance" is only a case study of the average mind. After some soul-searching, I have realized that I cannot possibly date the vast majority of people I see on the street (or e-mail in Indiana). I can only connect with an extraordinary mind. This realization led me to ponder my pursuit of my previously assigned match-made-in-heaven.

The community college-educated* 25 year old man from Indiana, as you can tell from my previous posts, is far from extraordinary. After reading some of our correspondences aloud to Mike (emphasizing the misuse of they're/their, etc.), the two of us decided that Indiana-man was anything but my match made in heaven.

But we all knew this from the start.

There is only one reason for sustaining my dialogue with this man. Indiana-man is a case study of the type of man I would never date ... Could never date. I'm simply exploring his mind. Our (hour?/are?) romance is just an experiment.

Does he know this? Of course not. He thinks I'm that girl who's trying to be smart by using big words. Well, you know what, "incarceration" isn't that big of a word. And while he does know who Kant was**, his community college philosophy class just can't stack up to my quality Jesuit education.


*"Remember, Kant was a philosopher" began one reply, but apparently Kant's problem is that he couldn't decide if he was a libertarian or a determinist

**really, just see the previous footnote

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home