Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sign Language




I've been sick for what seems like forever and today could barely talk. This initially seemed like it could pose problems when trying to work with all the kindergartners at my school. However, I found myself with a certain respect for the institution as I was allowed to hang out with all the kids who sign instead of "using their words." I've been picking up on the signing for the past year and it was a blast to hang out without talking. I think drunk people should be forced to use this skill, even if their motor skills are for shit.

Later, I came home to my roommate, Mikey P, attempting to do some sign language of his own. Here is our conversation - I'm sure someone can identify with this:

Mike: So what? You and him are like (insert subtle and nondescript movement of right hand)?
Me: Are we what?
Mike: You know - (hand movements)
Me: What are you even talking about? What is this (hand movement) supposed to mean?
Mike: I don't know, I thought maybe you knew. But, seriously, how are things between you two?

My blog has become somewhat mundane. I guess I'll wait for something interesting / funny / disgusting to occur and then it will be the most fascinating and widely read account of a boring college student's life EVER.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

sounds like you're feeling the post-first week blog pressure. that sucks. definitely am there multiple times per week.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you definitely had me laughing out loud with your description of pez's hand wave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home