Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Listen to me bitch, bitch



So I've been thinking about some things lately. I'm in this addiction seminar where I feel like the people around me are just idiots. I mean, there are certain things that I think people should know. Now I feel like I'm generally justified in pointing out their stupidity. Like the girl who didn't know what an abstract at the beginning of an article was. Or the stupid kid who thought Mother Theresa was addicted to charity.

However, there are quite a few things that I'm assuming not everyone in the world knows. I guess I just expect people to know a lot about the things I'm interested in and expect them not to make stupid comments that upset me about these topics. Then I got to thinking and realized that maybe I'm just that weird girl. You know the one, the kid in your class that knows a lot about seemingly random things such as the rave culture or the intricate details of pretty much every theory ever written on sexual offenders. I mean, aren't these important things that people should know about? Everyone should have a working knowledge of these issues, and if you don't then you better get to reading so we can talk intelligently. Maybe I'm just a bitch. Okay, perhaps that's overkill, but this is something that has made me completely frustrated this week. I mean, I'm just sayin' is all....

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Nice use of the "I'm Just Sayin Is All" concept... I mean, what is the purpose of our self-absrobed elitist rants on sex predators, obscure music, public health data, or oddball art? I suppose everyone just wants to connect to someone else and most do it by universally popular references like Dave Matthews, the OC, sports teams, and capital investments. But the people we want to meet don't really exist, and we retain our surrealist creations in hope that they do (or can) exist in some capacity. The self-conscious footnotes in our assertations are mere necessities that tie us to the inevitable real world. "Don't take offense that you're not as perfect as my imaginary target audience, I'm just sayin is all..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home